Over moderated forum

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.
4th Dimension

Over moderated forum

Post by 4th Dimension »

Mod says follow forum rules, it doesnt say ANYWHERE that there cannot be threads for debating, in fact the rules state only

""You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “Stronghold Kingdoms Forums” is hosted or International Law.""

Debates have flaming in them, its just subliminal, Same mod closes the same threads, ALL threads have flaming in them, go have a look. If you do not want flaming shut down the forums, the debate thread was for the sole purpose of debating, was there flaming? No, why shut it down prematurely? That's like petrol companies putting the price of fuel up BEFORE the actual increase ( which is illegal, by law they have to wait for the release of either increase or decrease )

Sounds like a dictator is stomping the forum.
pmpdru

Re: Over moderated forum

Post by pmpdru »

Thanks for your input. But as part of the general rule of thumb here is that we must keep the atmosphere friendly. Such threads that incite flame are closed when it is beyond saving. If you believe other threads fit this, there is a report button and please do your part as a member of this community.

Also, i have moved your thread to feedback.
Spoiler! :
God did not create man, Man created god.
4th Dimension

Post by 4th Dimension »

Why had you moved it to feedback? This was not a feedback post it belongs in the world 5 lounge forum.

another prime example of over moderated forums
4th Dimension

Post by 4th Dimension »

"such threads are closed before if they are beyond saving"????? Are you kidding me?? There was not one slight flame in the thread, it was understood and followed because the players have a mutual respect for either other whether they choose to express it or not.

if there was flaming that was "beyond saving" in the said thread "Civil Debate" Show me, Thread was shutdown because Mods want to keep the peace? Shall we sit down and have tea, crumpets and talk about corgies instead of putting money into this game? Id rather have a thread that allows trash talk then have to go through each and every single one and clean it out because OP doesnt want it there. Look at "whats the news" Every second post gets heated.
pmpdru

Post by pmpdru »

4th Dimension wrote:"such threads are closed before if they are beyond saving"????? Are you kidding me?? There was not one slight flame in the thread, it was understood and followed because the players have a mutual respect for either other whether they choose to express it or not.

if there was flaming that was "beyond saving" in the said thread "Civil Debate" Show me, Thread was shutdown because Mods want to keep the peace? Shall we sit down and have tea, crumpets and talk about corgies instead of putting money into this game? Id rather have a thread that allows trash talk then have to go through each and every single one and clean it out because OP doesnt want it there. Look at "whats the news" Every second post gets heated.
Thanks for your feedback.

PiemasterUK wrote: The game is about encouraging players to choose sides, battle against each other, sometimes razing each others villages to the ground or even eliminating them from the game, so of course there is going to be trash talk. You would be much better off accepting this and allowing it in a few designated threads (only deleting posts that qualify as personal attacks outside the scope of the game). As it is by removing any threads you feel you have the potential to contain flaming, you are just letting that same flaming bleed into other threads instead. The 'news' thread in game 5 can't go more than a few posts before people start flaming each other.
I may be a different player than most, but i do not take aggression out in text. If you anger or upset me in game, you see flashing swords, not a flashing mail icon. But, to each his own.

Both of you have great points and i trust you will like the game thoroughly. Thanks again for your input and have a great day!
Spoiler! :
God did not create man, Man created god.
4th Dimension

Post by 4th Dimension »

pmpdru wrote:
4th Dimension wrote:"such threads are closed before if they are beyond saving"????? Are you kidding me?? There was not one slight flame in the thread, it was understood and followed because the players have a mutual respect for either other whether they choose to express it or not.

Thanks for your feedback.

PiemasterUK wrote: The game is about encouraging players to choose sides, battle against each other, sometimes razing each others villages to the ground or even eliminating them from the game, so of course there is going to be trash talk. You would be much better off accepting this and allowing it in a few designated threads (only deleting posts that qualify as personal attacks outside the scope of the game). As it is by removing any threads you feel you have the potential to contain flaming, you are just letting that same flaming bleed into other threads instead. The 'news' thread in game 5 can't go more than a few posts before people start flaming each other.
I may be a different player than most, but i do not take aggression out in text. If you anger or upset me in game, you see flashing swords, not a flashing mail icon. But, to each his own.

Both of you have great points and i trust you will like the game thoroughly. Thanks again for your input and have a great day!
Righto boss, how about you put as much effort in getting rid of those using alts to invade other houses lands as you do shutting down peaceful threads then i might see this in another light, in the meantime you can either ban me or keep closing them because i will keep creating them. Im not breaking any ruling in creating a debate thread, you're all just getting upset over people expressing themselves over text, like you said, each to their own. How about you follow that instead of being a hypocrite?
The Low King

Post by The Low King »

4th Dimension wrote:
Righto boss, how about you put as much effort in getting rid of those using alts to invade other houses lands as you do shutting down peaceful threads then i might see this in another light, in the meantime you can either ban me or keep closing them because i will keep creating them. Im not breaking any ruling in creating a debate thread
Actually, im pretty sure creating multiple threads with the same topic is spam. And recreating a thread after Mods lock it is also against the rules.
Lucifer Crow

Post by Lucifer Crow »

I closed your forum because of comments like this,

"Done in this thread then :p flaming won't be allowed anyway"

Its our role as moderators to avoid these kind of comments to deter any further problems with flame.
Buy my song on iTunes

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/forge ... d643878822

Electronica/industrial/screamo
4th Dimension

Post by 4th Dimension »

The Low King wrote:
4th Dimension wrote:
Righto boss, how about you put as much effort in getting rid of those using alts to invade other houses lands as you do shutting down peaceful threads then i might see this in another light, in the meantime you can either ban me or keep closing them because i will keep creating them. Im not breaking any ruling in creating a debate thread
Actually, im pretty sure creating multiple threads with the same topic is spam. And recreating a thread after Mods lock it is also against the rules.

If you have no common sense and you re create the same thread over then yes you can be banned and what not, i on the other hand, know better. Creating different threads for different topics is not punishable by ban and should not be closed without cause.
The Low King

Post by The Low King »

4th Dimension wrote:
The Low King wrote:
4th Dimension wrote:

If you have no common sense and you re create the same thread over then yes you can be banned and what not, i on the other hand, know better. Creating different threads for different topics is not punishable by ban and should not be closed without cause.
You just said you would keep creating debate threads, sounds like the same threads to me.

Return to “Feedback”