It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Coming Changes to Era System on all Worlds 

Post Re: Coming Changes to Era System on all Worlds
DekeYoungAtlanta wrote:
1) Increase the numbers of players that can be in a house.
EU-4, USA-4 and GC-3 all launched with off server political groups that pushed players to Page and lay claim to a "Prestige" Houses, followed by other players in the power block claiming multiple "Sister" Houses. This locks many players out of joining a house. Currently on GC-3 there are 184 factions without a house. These factions are routinely flag raided and bullied by the Prestige/Sister houses. A sad side-effect is that Faction Leaders put House Numbers in their faction names (often without permission of the House Marshall). This only leads to more confusion. Right now on GC-3 there are only 5 or so power blocks, but they are occupying all 20 houses. It would be much better to put all the players in a single power block in a single house. This will free up 15 more houses and allow the other 184 factions a place to call home.

20 Houses x 12 Factions per House x 20 players per house. The first 5 factions to apply automatically gain entry to a House.

This is space for 240 factions. As such on GC-3 on Day 47 this would allow 85% of factions to join a house. Currently a ridiculously small 35% of factions can join a House.
Currently there are 8,107 players on the server. 20Hx12Fx20P would allow for 4,800 players to join a house (59%) instead of the current limit of 2,000 players (25%).
- Deke

FACTION/HOUSE Size is the most critical improvements needed on ERA worlds.

I am sadly disappointed that this was not addressed. Right now there are 243 factions that do not have a house on GC-3 server.

- Deke

Also, as of today there are 355 players on GC-3 ranked Earl or higher. That is only 4.2 % of the 8,282 players on the server. Less than 1 player in 19 will be able to participate in the next war.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:43 pm

DekeYoungAtlanta wrote:
Less than 1 player in 19 will be able to participate in the next war.

Considering the age of the game world that doesn't sound unreasonable.

While we understand the desire to allow for more factions per house in the early stages of a game world, we also didn't want to disrupt factions and houses and to keep their membership numbers static throughout the life of the game world. As a game world ages, the number of active players inevitably declines, so this needed to be built into the size of the Houses to foster a competitive atmosphere.

Player politics and alliances are always shifting, flag raiding and intimidation have always been a part of the game and players have always found a way to show their allegiance. If the issue is non-aligned, neutral, or new player factions needing a better way to more readily identify themselves, it might be better to explore options for this.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:59 am

GC-3 is on day 69 and half the factions have been eliminated from the Glory race.

Having less than 1 in 19 players able to participate is very low and leads to apathy on the server, when we want engagement.

If there were 240 player houses the Big player blocks would be consolidated into fewer houses, providing an opportunity for the 247 other factions to form smaller houses and fight smaller skirmishes.

This is what players view as entertainment.

Waiting for everyone to rank up to Prince/Earl and get bored enough to drive the active server population below 1000 is counter-productive. This is the case on most servers now.

Please explain to me the down side of 240 player factions in the first year of a server's life.

Deke

Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:13 pm

Quote:
Please explain to me the down side of 240 player factions in the first year of a server's life.

I'm not quite sure about that solution or what is being proposed. Factions consisting of 240 players? Do we change the sizes after day 365 of the world? That won't work (technical issues) and doesn't take the glory rounds or Eras into account.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:46 pm

I want to know, from a design perspective, what are the negative implications of a 240 player house in 12 factions of 20 players each?

I lived through the 2nd AGE version which was 20 factions of 20 players each. This lead to a brief period where 400 players (virtually all the power positions) were in a single dominant house.
Further AGEs reduced the number of players per faction and the number of factions per house.

At issue is during a new server launch, where player counts in excess of 8,000 are not uncommon, there is a stifling effect when only 2000 players can join a house.

Based on some comments you have made concerning the difficulty of performing an AGE rollover where all players are dropped from factions and all factions are removed from houses, it appears to me that you are placing house/faction/players limits based on concerns for later ages. While I agree that 240 players per house is a problem at the end of the server life, it is required at the onset of the server launch.

I believe you are responding to the symptom (player apathy in late server cycles leads to very low active player counts and the ability of placing all the power players in a single non-competitive house) rather than addressing the cause (lack of player participation in early server cycles leads to player apathy and low server populations.)

I think that the typical player "yearns" to have a current sense of entertainments/accomplishment and potential sense of competitiveness to remain active on a server.

But the element that actually keeps player on the server is a sense of community with players they have met on the server and interact with on a daily basis. And to accommodate this you need to have players in factions in a house so they maintain a sense of identity.

So, once again, explain to me the reasons you do not want 20 players per faction x 12 factions per house = 240 player communities during the first ERA?

- Deke

Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:29 pm

The point that Deke is trying to make is, the most entertaining part of this game is the House politics on a given server. With very limited house populations most players in high population/new server worlds are prevented from being part of this.

I have been playing this game for years and have villages on two new era worlds. My player experience on both worlds has been sub par due to the fact that I am prevented from being part of a house. In fact I am not even part of a faction due to the limited faction size. This isolates players even more.

With no sense of community and no faction or house backing the isolated players just become cannon fodder. I had a parish for a while in GC3 only to be used as a flag farm until a house player came and took the Parish. I am not sure why I continue to play, with no ability to build defensive castle structures I have already been reset once.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:47 pm

I know your secret firefly ;-) C++ is not complex you know-
Houses {
number = 21
PlayerHouses{
number =20
factionsPerHouse{
PlayersPerFaction{
}
}
}
if i remember correctly, in one file, somewere- why dont you LET ME LOOK AT IT
oh yeah, i have to have a college degree i forgot, and i have to prove that i know how to read code... oh and i have to pander and be as effing pumped as you about money coming in that i dont earn...

your as fake as the game is, and you have ruined everyones fun in the first world- you know why we leave after age one? BECAUSE THERE ISNT ROOM FOR US IN HOUSES DUMB ******** so we hop on to the next fun ride
2000 people for the entire world- sounds like an Illuminati conspiracy- now 4800, that was easier to handle but still not "fair" because there was no way for the other 13000 to make their mark in GC1, so they left

FAULTY PROGRAMMING

england 4800 = good

USA 4800 = OK

GLOBAL 4800*2 = OK

be Ways of History, listen to your main fan base (me, and the others talking) not the ones who throw money into your pockets, you know there is only like 300 of those players right? 300 out of 4000 loyal players, who all pay what they can, and 8000 who cant or wont pay anymore because you burnt us but we like the game NOT YOU ALL

STOP SMILING IN YOUR VIDEOS, SAY SORRY; BE SORRY! get your act together * its not hard to program

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:42 am

5 factions in house with 20 members is perfect,faith point limit 200 k is perfect,but where are is update?I mean less flags,raze from earl? Still nothing

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:49 pm

@ FireFly

I still think that raze should be set to viscount, and I know you already said you would set it to Earl. But you said the update was to be done this week, which has now come to an end. So I will post why I think it should be viscount, maybe you will see what I see.

Viscount is one of the hard ranks to get thru, most new players never make it to earl. I have seen over the years many players quit at this rank. So giving raze at Viscount rank may help players stay as they can play in the wars. Viscounts most of the time have scouts, farming, defense, and building done. All that is left to do is war study, which right now they cannot fight in. So giving raze at viscount may push new players to stay active get study done and play. Houses will push players at Viscount rank to do study in war to add to there over all power. If viscounts can raze they will push them to fight in whatever war is going on.

Keeping players active at Viscount should be one of your main goals. Once a player gets past Viscount, there is a much greater chance of them staying to at least prince. Once a player plays in the war side of the game the chance of them staying with the game also goes way up. Players fighting in the wars spend way more on the game, more money for FireFly.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:24 pm

On CG-3 it is day 73 and there are 8,586 players on the server.

843 are ranked Earl or higher which is only 9%
1,488 are ranked Viscount or higher which is 17%

And there are 258 factions that do not have a House.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next